June is CMV Awareness Month. If you've stopped by our Charitable Work section, you'll find the story of HankStrong. Hank is severely affected by cytomegalovirus. Hank's mom was exposed to CMV during pregnancy, causing Hank to have many of the disabilities below.
The National CMV Foundation lists some of the impacts CMV may have on babies as:
- Hearing loss
- Vision loss
- Mental disability
- Microcephaly (small head or brain)
- Intracranial calcifications
- Lack of coordination
- Cerebral Palsy
- Feeding issues / Failure to Thrive (FTT)
- Sleeping, behavior, sensory issues
Estimates say less than 10% of women are aware of cytomegalovirus. Through awareness, the rates of infection will be reduced as women can take precautions during their pregnancy.
Though we are not affiliated with the National CMV Foundation, we would like to send them some donations from our CMV Awareness blankets this June.
Silver is the color for CMV Awareness. We picked three silver (or silverish) fabrics for you to choose from. Blankets made with these fabrics are great for 2 reasons:
- Anyone who orders receives a discount.
- 5% of the cost of each blanket will be sent to the National CMV Foundation
Ordering a CMV Awareness Blanket
- Pick two of the above fabrics
- Pick a size/weight (all weights can be changed for $5 per lb to accommodate)
- Decide whether or not you'd like complimentary embroidery.
- Add $15 if shipping is needed (pickup region is North San Diego County)
- Contact us to get your order started
This deal is valid through 06/30/19.
All blankets ordered with this deal are eligible for the One For Me, One For You Christmas blanket giveaway. See the Charitable Work tab for more information.
Tell someone you know about CMV today. Let's get 100% of women aware of CMV.